Indian Army Day Celebration (2020), Nation First is the theme of the year 2019 followed by the Indian Army ahead of a successful journey.
- Established: 1776 under the British Government
- Founded: April 1, 1895 [124 years ago], named as ‘Indian Army’
- Army day: January 15 [72nd Army Day will be celebrated on January 15, 2020]
Even after our independence on August 15, 1947, the British General Sir Francis Butcher commanded our Indian Army till January 14, 1949. On January 15, 1949, the first Indian, Field Marshal K. M. Cariappa took charge of our Indian Army. He became the first Army Chief of Independent India. In independent India, the Indian Army got real freedom on January 15, 1949, marked as Army Day in the country.
Every year on this day, January 15, the Indian Army celebrate by organizing a parade at the Cariappa Parade Ground of Delhi Cantonment. In recognition of the first Indian Army Chief, parade’s Salute is taken by the Indian Army Chief. Also, on this day, the Indian Army Salutes the Martyrs and honors the valiant soldiers who safeguard every Indian citizen. Across India, Army Day is celebrated in all the Army offices and headquarters. Along with them, young India hoists the tricolor national flag on the sky and heart with pride and salutes the Indian Army.
“Nation First” is the theme of the year 2019 of the Indian Army. The detail is as follows:
‘IA strengthens the idea of India and lives by the national values. We are dedicated to preserve national interests, safeguard sovereignty, territorial integrity, and unity of our Nation. We uphold the ideals of the Constitution of India, thwart proxy wars, defeat internal threats, assist our Government and the people of India, and all our actions are dedicated to the Nation. As a land component of Indian Armed Forces, it’s the NATION FIRST for us.’Indian Army
India holds the second position for having the largest armies in the world based on active military personnel, 2019. The table below lists the countries having military personnel surveyed by statista.com. 0.1 % of Military personnel of the country’s population offers a peaceful ambiance for the countrymen.
|Militarypersonnel*||Population (2019)#||per capita|
“Nation First” is the theme followed by Indian Army loaded with lot of responsibilities to protect the civilian. Following this aim, the Indian Army is dedicated to strengthening its forces by “Make in India” scheme. There are a lot of research and development activities that were collaborated with the indigenous mind. Toward this, the recent press release by Indian Army Chief General stated that “We will win the future wars with Indian Systems.” Army Chief explained as follows, published in The Economic Times on December 25, 2019.
- “I am quite confident that we will be successful in developing an indigenous Indian Industry that will ensure…which I have often repeatedly said…that we will win the future wars with Indian systems.”
- “Non-contact warfare will help us in gaining an advantage over the adversary in future wars. Quantum technologies, cyber, space, and artificial intelligence need to be leveraged into the defense ecosystem.”
- “I dare say, a necessity I think is no longer the need for invention. It is innovations and inventions that are gradually driving the doctrines and concepts, and this is particularly more relevant to the Indian Army.”
- “Military is no longer operating in the closed system. Our doors are open. Our frontlines are open to academia, to research and development organization to see how the soldier on the ground needs technology to be imbibed for him to operate in a better manner.”
- “I know the industry is hungry for orders. We have also realized to give orders to the industry, we need to be more open in our systems. It is better to develop technologies that are dual-use because the defense ecosystem, if generated, cannot completely rely on orders from the military itself. Therefore, dual-use technologies are the need of the hour,”
In this year 2020, the new position Chief of Defense Staff, General Bipin Rawat, added sound for the Indian Army to execute cohesive straight operations. 72nd Army Day in 2020 might be a stage for defining and executing new policies. At the end, every Indian should be proud of the excellent service of the Indian Army and their brave activities to give a peaceful life for everyone.There are a lot of interesting facts to remember about this Indian Army day celebration.
- ‘Service before Self’ is the motto
- Biggest volunteer army in the world
- Very best on high altitudes
- Horsed cavalry regiment
- Never initiated a war
- Most significant contributors to the United Nations peace operations
- Built highest bridge in the world [Baily Bridge, Ladakh]
Salute for the Indian Army.
For more details, please follow the link.